3 gnome hats, a severed tail and a mobile phone costume

you could easily spend hours perusing materials in Mandors




Right in the middle of the Opera, I decided I could manage to fit in a few costumes for G3.

Myself and Kev took ourselves off to the material shop and bought some necessities.













I really had very little time to make these, so I didn't take many photos along the way. I was also timing myself, to see how quickly I could get things done.
The gnomes hats took me about 4 hours (including the time it took me to discover how to make them)

The only specifications given for the hats was that they did not look like santas elves. >.<
So I reckoned beards and fringes would do the trick.
I literally cut triangles of cloth and glued them together, added a little latex and paper on the inside to help it stand up and attached some hairy material to the strap.



The severed tail - took me about an hour to make. I wrapped grey fur around a carboard tube and built up some tail fluff at the end. I added some white fur to make it more 'tail-like' :P
and some watery paint to blend it in,


These makes are for comedy purposes. So everything needs to be a little larger than life.

For the phone, I literally googled an image and copied it onto some plastazote.
I didn't really have time to grid it out, but I seemed to have gained some skills in drawing up, I had it marked up in about 10mins and painted in 30.

I wish I had put a dropshadow under the buttons to make them pop out a bit more, however there was a time where I didn't think I'd have time to put in the numbers so -
Job done!


...NEXT!

No comments: