Paintcall no.3 - The Final Countdown.

To-do list - check  √ 
We arranged a third and final paintcall before the show had it's first dress rehearsal. There were a few last minute touch ups needed.
With to-do list in one hand and brush in the other, my merry team set out to make the set of Albert Herring look as good as it possibly could :D




I had Luisa, Chris and Louise ( 2 first years) and Ching ( a 2nd year) as part of my team.

There was a fair bit of black touching up, so I delegated that job to Chris.













 


Louise and Ching worked together on the Greengrocers, adding a little glaze to all the woodwork and making sure no bolts or fastenings were visible since the set was erected.



Luisa was designated house toucher upper :)





















I ran about checking off all the other little jobs on the list and liasing with Anna the designer making sure she had all her last minute requests seen to.


It was a fairly happy job and we could see the little village come together to set the scene for Albert Herring the Opera.

A sleepy village
 There was a dress rehearsal scheduled straight after the paintcall. It gave me an opportunity to see how the lighting affected the paint and aged effects. I noticed that on some areas where I thought I had gone 'too dirty' at the time I was applying the dirty effect, the  show lighting was washing it out a little. Maybe this is something to consider for next time.

Lady Billows and her entourage

Albert Herring in his shop
The Villagers of Loxford have a fayre!


night night
That was the end of my management role. It was a great experience and  learnt a lot about organising a team and paint techniques.
It was quite the challenge.
Special thanks to Luisa Coccoza, who provided her camera for the amazing photos that helped document this experience. *cheers Luisa*

No comments: