Mich Turner


'Autumnal Candy Stripe' wedding cake

'Summer Butterfly'













 I just happened to watch Kirstie's Homemade Christmas on Channel4, in the hope of aquiring some inspiration for making Christmas presents.
 As Kirstie was considering making her own christmas cake, she brought in the big guns, Mich Turner aka cake decorating guru, to give her top tips.

'Polka Dot and Butterfly'
Mich showed off her skills as she crafted a polar bear from icing sugar in seconds, whilst decorating a christmas cake on the show.

Truly impressive, no doubt this woman is successful.

A quick search revealed she's made the cake for Madonna's wedding and baked for the Queen!
I also found this link to an interview she gave;  she talks about how she strived to create her own buisness, what inspired her to get there and the opportunities presenting themselves to her now as a result.

She's an extremely confident person who's managed to merge her art into a immensely successful buisness and that... is an inspiration to me!
And she looks extremely happy for it.

'Sugar Candy'    yum!

I also found her website. I went straight to the gallery and flicked through all the beautiful designs and marvelled at the craftmanship with a smile on my face. Have shared a few onto this page.
Also this article featuring Mich, talks again about her climb and current success.
 
So am thinking... if I can just take a few leaves out of this lady's book..Did I mention she's also written a good few books demonstrating how to..
I would love to see other peoples interpretations of these cakes :D










No comments: